blogger, wordpress, content, make money while you sleep, blogging, income, blog sponsors, endorse product, media kit, sponsorship programs, advertising program, advertising, banners ads, banner advertising, google adsense, adbrite, affiliate marketing, affiliate banners, google advertisements, targeted advertising, advertising network, widget, admedia, google adwords, Yahoo advertising network, Microsoft Advertising Adcenter, microsoft ad network, pocketcents, clicksor, bidvertiser, chitika, tribalfusion, advetising.com, vibrant, valueclick media, contextweb, claxon, clickcent, dynamicoxygen, epicdirect, casale, burstmedia, black label ads, adbull, infolinks, kontera, adblade, meebo, undertone, ask network, aol, linkedin, pulse, myspace, Promoteland.co.uk, buylistads
I’ve often thought that I should be making money from my blog. What blogger hasn’t thought, “Here’s all of this free space and I could be earning money while I sleep!”
There are several ways to begin earning income and here are some links to articles so that you can decide which will work best for your target market.
1. How to Get Sponsors for Your Blog from Ashley Stock
This is a really great article, because the target market of Little Miss Momma is similar to the group that I’m looking at. The blogger, Ashley Stock, appeals to moms, women, crafters, home cooks and home decorators.
- Focus on the Content
- Looks Matter
- Finding Your First Sponsors for Your Blog
- Never Endorse a Product You Don’t Like
- How Do I Know How Much to Charge?
- Create A Media Kit
- I Have Some Sponsors, Now What?
2. Sponsorship Programs from KylaRoma.com
Adding sponsors to your blog is a big trend online right now and if you want to jump in it can be hard to know where to start. KylaRoma.com has had an advertising program on her blog for over two years (that she just decided to end) and in her work with Freckled Nest she’s part of the team that manages advertising for the successful parenting and handmade blogs, Smile and Wave and Prudent Baby. She also spent the last few years of her nine to five life in marketing and has managed six figure media buys in print, radio, television and online for national theatre tours and high profile bands.
Kyla shares some of her tips and thoughts on adding sponsorship to your blog.
- What’s Right for You?
- Choosing Your Program & Being a Fair Blogger
- Imagine Your Possibilities
3. Make Money: Add Banners Ads to Blogger from Blogknowhow.blogger.com
One of the things that makes Blogger such a great blogging platform is the facility to add advertising to your Blogspot blog and make money from it. In this article, blogknowhow.blogger.com discusses how banner advertisements on your Blogger blog can make money for you. By banner advertising they mean advertising in addition to Google Adsense or Adbrite that you may have already added to your Blogger blog. For information on adding Google Adsense to your blog please read their articles on Google Adsense.
- Banner advertising is FREE. And Banners Do Make Money.
- How Do I Make Money from Banners on My Blogger Blog?
- Making the Most Out of Advertising Banners
- How Do I Add Affiliate Banners to My Blogger Blog?
- Disadvantages of Banner Ads
4. How to Add Google Advertisements (Google AdSense) to Your Blog or Website from Thesitewizard.com
An article explaining briefly the steps involved.
- What is Google AdSense?
Adsense is Google’s advertising network that places those sponsored ads you see on many websites. Google automatically checks the web page it places the ads on and displays advertisements that are relevant to the page. This produces highly targeted adverts for the page, allowing, hopefully, higher returns for the advertiser, the advertising network (Google) and the publisher (you).
- Before You Start
- Steps to Getting Google AdSense Ads on Your Site
- Apply to Google
- Configure Your Ads
- Pasting the Google AdSense Code onto Your Blog or Web Page
- Entering Your PIN into the Google Site
- Cautionary Notes: Things to Look Out For
- Never Click Your Own Google Ads
- Don’t Expect a Fortune Unless You Have Traffic
- Don’t Put Ads if You’re Selling Something
- Getting Started
5. How To Display Ads In Your WordPress Sidebar from Blog-well.com
A lot of new bloggers want to include advertising on their site, but find the idea of adding an advertisement to their sidebar daunting. If your blog runs on WordPress software, it’s a simple matter of using your text widgets to show ads. In this post, they’ll show you how.
- What is an ad?
- How to put an image ad into a text widget
- How to center the image within the text widget
- How to include two ads per text widget
- Google and Advertising
I would love to hear your thoughts, questions and experiences in the comments!