bakers twine, banner, blog candy, blog hop, bunting, Canvas Corp, celebrations, chipboard, color shine spray, cricut, Cricut Celebrations Cartridge, Cricut Doodlecharms cartridge, Cricut Storybook Cartridge, curvy cutter, DCWV, DCWV The Sweet Stack, doodlecharms, ek success, garlands, gesso, jaded blossom, kimi cremar, LOveBug Creations, mini album, pendant, Pink Paisley, rhinestone, Rumple Ribbon, scrapbook paper, storybook, Teresa Collins
You only get to turn 30 once, so we’re celebrating Kimi Cremar’s birthday in a BIG way! With a blog hop featuring 15 INCREDIBLE crafters on 14 blogs, you’ve been seeing a fantastic variety of projects, tips and techniques. If you missed any of the party locations before you got here, the map to the party is down below.
Before we look at my project, I want to tell you thank you for joining our blog hop. It means so much to me that people are visiting and leaving comments, it really inspires me to keep creating and posting my handmade love! You’re at stop number 3 and the road map for the hop is down below in case you get distracted. (Oh look, glitter!)
I’m really not much of a card maker, mostly because I’m always remembering people’s occasions at the last minute. But, I do love making mini albums, so when I found out it was Kimi’s big three zero, I started pulling together my favorite papers, paints and embellishments.
I started with a chipboard album and painted each of the pages, front and back, first with gesso (it works like a primer) and then with regular acrylic paint. Then I selected some papers and using my Curvy Cutter from EK Success, I cut the scrapbook papers into rounded squares. I then took those cut papers and cut each of them again into 1/3 and 2/3 sections, so that I would have coordinating papers to mix and match on each layout. I used my Cricut “Storybook” cartridge to cut out the numbers. And since Kimi is having a milestone birthday, rhinestone bling was definitely in order!
Kimi’s favorite colors are Pink and Light Lime Green so I used those colors lavishly. All ribbon used throughout is Lovebug Creations Rumple Ribbon. Party hats and balloons are cut from the Cricut “Celebrations” cartridge.
I LOVE Bunting, or garlands, or pendants or whatever the cool kids are calling them these days They’re so fun and whimsical I just had to use them on top of bakers twine. And, by the way, I found red and white bakers twine on clearance for 70% off in my local Target dollar section Friday night. That means you can score some for just $.30!
I was inspired to use the layered ticket idea from a project that my creative friend Dorcas, the Crafty Card Angel, used. I stamped my sentiments onto card stock and then used my “ticket” punch. Cupcake was cut from the Cricut “Doodlecharms” cartridge.
Here’s the front cover opened up to show the layout with the back cover.
- Ribbon: Lovebug Creations Rumple Ribbon
- Cricut Cartridges: Storybook, Doodlecharms, Celebrations
- Paper: DCWV “The Sweet Stack”
Did Someone Say Blog Candy?
But wait, we’ve got Party Favors for you! I bet you heard about the BLOG CANDY, right? Check it out!
$15 Jaded Blossom Gift Certificate
Heidi Swapp Flowers and Color Shine spray in “Georgia Peach”
This prize pack reminds me of chocolate cake! Mmmm!
BLOG CANDY #1
- 2 Canvas Corp 6×6 Pads
- 1 Pink Paisley 6×6 Pad
- 6 Flower Trims
- 1 Cupcake Shaped Mini Album
- 3 Chocolate-hued colors of Lovebug Creations Rumple Ribbon in “Gentleman’s Jacket”, “Sugar Plum” & “Beary Brown”
BLOG CANDY #2
- Heidi Swapp Flowers and Color Shine Spray in “Georgia Peach”
BLOG CANDY #3
- $15 Jaded Blossom Gift Certificate
Who wants to win the Blog Candy?
- You must leave a comment on each blog in the hop
- Sign up to follow every blog
- Wish the birthday girl, Kimi Cremar, a “Happy Birthday” at the end of the hop
- Winner will be chosen and announced on April 8th
The Party Bus is This Way
Ok, are you ready to visit the next blog in the party? Head over to Jenny Johnson’s place and see what kinds of cuteness she has going on!
Too Much Punch? Here’s the Party Map:
In case you got lost, here are the stops:
1. Tanya Stilwell –http://www.scrappinkymomma.blogspot.com/
2. Martha Pineda- http://beautifulcreationsmp.blogspot.com/
3. Stephanie Eaken www.stephanie-eaken.blogspot.com
4. Michelle Criswell www.scrappinwithmybug.com
5. Candace Pelfrey www.papercraftsbycandace.com
6. Dawn Rene Carlyle http://designsbydawnrene.com
7. Ellen ♥ CardMonkey ~ http://cardmonkeyspaperjungle.com/
8. Julie Cricut Chick – www.cricutchick.com
9. Dawn Mercedes – www.dawnmercedes.blogspot.com
10.Christine Barker – www.scarletcalliope.com < < < You are here!
11.Jenny Johnson- www.crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com < < < Here’s your next stop!
12.Dorcas – http://www.craftycardangel.com/
13. Zeni – http://www.scrappyzeni.com/
14. Kimi and Pam – http://lovebugcreations3.blogspot.com/
Thanks everyone and Happy Birthday, Kimi!!!
You must be logged in to post a comment.