altered projects, art journal, beach, beach mini album, billy corgan, Call for art, camping, family album, Fourth of July card, happy birthday card, independence day card, journals, layouts, madame zuzu's, mini albums, mixed-media, PaperHaus Magazine, smashing pumpkins, summer crafts, summer vacation, tea house, tea salon, thank you cards, travel album
PaperHaus Magazine is looking for submissions for their Summer 2013 issue.
Due Date: May 1, 2013
Here’s the details:
THE MIXED MEDIA ISSUE
DUE DATE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS MAY1ST 2013
We are accepting Layouts, Cards, Altered Projects, Mini Albums & Mixed Media in the following themes:
- SUMMER FUN
- MIXED MEDIA
- MINI ALBUMS
- THANK YOU CARDS
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY
- INDEPENDENCE DAY
Please note, you must send the following information with your submission:
- Send your first and last name, email address, blog or website information.
- All projects have to be minimum 1500×1500 pixels in size.
- Please include the title of the project as well as a complete supply list.
- Photos must be clear, unobstructed and well lighted. Please include 1 complete project shot as well as 2-3 detail shots of your project. Neutral or white background is preferred.
- In the subject line please include your name and the call you are submitting for consideration. (Ex: Frank Garcia, Paper Hues)
- Send a short description of the project (what inspired you, any tips or techniques you might want to share).
- PLEASE DO NOT include watermarks. We will have your name under your projects. Your blog will be listed at the end of the magazine.
- Step-by-Step tutorials must have clear and visible images, with steps for every image.
- If selected for publishing we will contact you in advance with further details.
I’ve just found out about a fun Mail Art Show and couldn’t wait to share it with you. My Facebook friend, Linda Summerfield Crispell, is curating a mail art show for Billy Corgan at Madame ZuZu’s, at the former Post Office in the Ravinia neighborhood of Highland Park, Illinois. Billy Corgan is best known for his band, The Smashing Pumpkins, and he has also been a producer, lyricist, writer, professional wrestling promoter, and poet.
Madame ZuZu’s teashop is designed to serve as a social hub for the community, blending tea drinkers with the arts. Drawing from Billy Corgan’s love of music from the 30’s, Madame ZuZu’s is a Chinoise inspired teahouse found in Paris during this period.
“I’m a tea guy and living in Highland Park since 2003, I’ve always wanted to open a salon like this for everyone to enjoy,” describes Corgan. “This is a place with no age boundaries. We hope to attract everyone from young students to seniors. With a blend of music, photo galleries, art displays and speakers, I think Madame ZuZu’s offers something for everyone.”
Please send your decorated envelopes to:
582 Roger Williams Ave
Highland Park, IL 60035
- The deadline for accepting pieces is May 25, 2013.
- The show will be up for two weeks in June.
- Envelopes should be standard business size#10.
- Envelopes will not be returned.
Please share this with your friends!